3/5/10

"Keep on Cluckin'!" awarded to Local Mompreneurs!



Aside from getting to do what I love every day – The Chickin Biz – I get to meet lots of other interesting folks that are doing what they love too. I wanted to share a couple of stories about some that I find particularly inspirational for varied reasons. Keep on Cluckin' mommies!




Great news from fellow Atlanta mom-preneur, Britt Menzies who started a business based upon her passion for teaching children – Little Stinkers – to make good choices and "always be leaders of good." Britt just landed a really sweet deal with Madame Alexander to license and produce her line of plush dolls based upon the "Stinky Kids®"characters she has created. WAY TO GO BRITT. Thanks for being an inspiration to all mom/biz-owners to follow your passions and the rest will follow!




I met this mom late last year. Always thinking of ways to grow and expand, I thought about how Chickin Feed might work in the whole in-home party model – Having a Hen Party! – and my research uncovered local mom, Beth Remmes. She has built a company called ZOLA the art of living green, an eco-friendly home party business. She has a great section of links & resources. If you are a mom looking to Go Green in your home or looking to start your own home-based biz...Chick it out!




And I just met Jody Goldfarb, local mother of three, who saw a problem (school lunches) and started a business catering fresh foods to local schools to solve it: Lunch For Learners. Great idea and thanks for being Part of the Solution, Jody!

No comments: